Solter ZEUS ZB-10 Battery Electric Shepherd
El electric shepherd Solter ZEUS ZB-10 is a fence electrifier oriented to a containment use of domestic animals, such as horses, dogs, cats, pigeons, chickens, etc. Shepherds are a highly efficient solution, easy to install, which require less materials than conventional fences. Making it possible to make temporary fences comfortably, for its agile and simple installation. Pastors deliver greater flexibility in pasture divisions, improving productivity. Being an effective system at the time of protect crops, fenced, Plots, etc., for its deterrent effect against wild or unwanted animals.
|Area of application||Horses, dogs, cats, pigeons, chickens, large dogs, etc.|
|V. feeding||12 V|
|Energy||0,85 J // 0,12 J|
|Long. maximum||2 km|
El electrifier It can only be used outdoors in combination with an electric fence, when the circuit between the circuit is closed fence and ground. If the soil is poorly conductive or the animals are wild it is advisable to use a electrifier powerful.
- Fix the unit vertically to a post or similar.
- Bury the grounding spike in the ground in an area as humid as possible.
- Connect the grounding terminal of the shepherd to the ground spike, using the cable that the shepherd carries.
- Connect the shepherd's line socket to the thread / fence of the fence.
- Connect the shepherd to an 12V battery making sure to connect the red wire to the positive (+) terminal of the battery and the black one to the negative (-) terminal.
- The pastor will start working automatically as soon as you connect it to the battery.
- Set the maximum output power.
- Fix the unit vertically to the wall in a place protected from rain.
- Connect the ground terminal of the shepherd to the ground spike. The minimum length of the ground spike must be 1 meter. (In those areas where the conductivity is low, it may be necessary to bury several 1 meter peaks in the ground approximately, leaving a distance of about 3 meters between them)
- Connect the shepherd's line socket to the electric fence cable.
- The pastor will start working automatically as soon as he connects to the power grid.
Checking the efficiency of the grounding
- At some distance from the electric shepherd, rest on the fence some metallic element so that the current drifts to the ground.
- In doing so they should light up, 1 LED and at most 2 LEDS if the ground is dry.
- If more LEDs light up, it will be necessary to add more rods or change their location.
The electric fence and electric fence must be installed responsibly, always trying to minimize any impact that could result from its installation. The operator will be responsible for any accident or damage that he may cause to third parties. The appliance is not designed to be used by or with children or people with severe or inexperienced physical or mental disabilities, in which case they must be properly supervised by a person responsible for their safety. Be sure to take the necessary precautions so that no children can play with this electrical equipment. If a fence runs near buildings, roads, public roads, etc., it must be marked with signs that warn of the existence of the fence.
Before carrying out any maintenance work, disconnect the shepherd from the mains. Regularly check the shepherd, the fence and the grounding system to ensure that they work properly. Turn off the pastor immediately if you notice abnormal functioning or risk. Keep the unit and all its components clean, regular maintenance will help prolong the life of the pastor and ensure its perfect functioning, avoiding accidents and unforeseen injuries. Any necessary repairs must be carried out by qualified personnel. In the event that the electrical cable is damaged, it must be replaced by a special cable provided by the manufacturer or distributor. This product cannot be disposed of with household waste. It is the responsibility of the user to dispose of the waste of the device, delivering it to a collection point for the recycling of waste and electrical and electronic equipment. Used batteries must also be delivered at their point of sale or at their collection point intended for that purpose.