- Welcome to section "Wood Chippers" of the category Timber transport en Intermaquinas.online where you can find a wide range of chippers, also here we will explain everything you need to know about chippersIn this section you will find the best offers in wood chippers, since we work to satisfy our customers with the best offers in terms of quality/price, from widely known and respected brands, with efficiencies y durabilities more than assured and with guarantee great.
Our wood chippers are also popularly known as "wood choppers".
We have a wide range of different brands, encompassing all ranges on the market where our clients may require a wood chipper.
The machines called chippers are a star product of forestry work, lately they are on the rise, since if it adapts to our needs, it will end up saving us time and effort in the future, obviously it is an easily usable tool even for individuals, being a tool seasonal, which can be used for many years and even more so if it is kept in good condition, an easy thing to do.
Which is a chipper of firewood? What are the log splitters / splitters for?
Firewood Chippers are tools where firewood logs are placed on top for subsequent cutting, reducing the size of the log. Wood chippers are similar to work tables or benches.
The wood splitters widely respected in the sector, thanks to their very useful private and domestic use, such as to obtain cut firewood of different sizes for our fireplace, barbecue, heating, etc, as well as professional and industrial in places where wood is worked. , such as sawmills, wood industries, etc, for felling logs in a constant, precise, powerful and efficient way.
We must also take into account the length of cut and the weights of the machines since in the future it may be relevant.
How do wood chippers work? What is its mechanism?
The operation of the Wood Chippers can be simpler than it seems. They can be arranged both vertically and horizontally.
These machines produce an enormous pressure force thus managing to split the trunks, with an operation similar to that of a guillotine, but under pressure, slowly and linearly (both vertically and horizontally) and precisely.
Similar to chainsaws, but instead of a barbed chain, by means of a point (like an axe, and under pressure), where you can also play with the shape of the trunk when depositing it in the machine, thus achieving the lateral cut, through the middle , from top to bottom, precisely, etc.
The system that allows to emit the force to cut the trunks is hydraulic, probably the most complex part of the machine, although thanks to this, it can make cuts with high precision and without power impediment, they also have different feeding methods, electric, fuel (gasoline or diesel), others with tractor PTO, etc.
What are wood chippers used for? What uses is given to a woodcutter?
Firewood cutters are widely appreciated products in the sector, thanks to their wide utility, as well as being one of the most useful tools in the forestry work season, since they are very economical and help us save time and effort in the future. In addition to its very long lifespan
Whether you need to cut firewood for self-consumption, for later sale or treated with it. Main uses:
- From the simplest uses, such as cutting firewood, branches, trunks, etc., to the intensive cutting of sturdy trunks, trunks of thick trunks and of different lengths, etc.
What wood chipper to buy? What is the best wood chipper for me?
According to its operation and power (under pressure).
- The power can be the most predictable point, since the Chippers are usually around powers between 5 tons and 80 tons, depending on the use that we are going to give it, it will mainly decide this point.
Well, if we are going to cut logs or branches to make firewood for our fireplace as individuals, between 3 and 10 tons will be left over, if we are an individual who takes it seriously, and even a professional who is going to make many cuts or for long periods, It will be convenient to choose a more powerful machine, between 20 and 50 tons.
Since the more power, the faster the work is done, which will translate into less effort and much less use of time in the long term. And if finally our use will be industrial, we will decide on powers of more than 50 tons, since they are designed to perform powerful, forceful pressure and during long working hours.
- Regarding its operation, we can divide it into two types of chippers:
- Wedge chippers: they work by means of a wedge-shaped piece of high-strength steel, like the wedge of an ax for example (the joint part to the handle, with a sharp shape with which the wood is hit, in addition to that in chippers are interchangeable despite being highly resistant and durable).
Fixed on a hydraulic cylinder that pushes the wedge towards the wood with forceful pressure, which will cut the trunk, they are usually the most common, since they are precise, powerful, efficient for a long period of years and safe.
- Endless screw chippers: they are less used due to their danger, they mainly consist of a screw that penetrates under pressure into the piece of wood that must be firmly fixed and makes it explode, sometimes throwing wood chips and shavings at high speed, they require less power and are much simpler mechanically.
Due to the danger involved in using them, they are seen to a lesser extent, they are less precise since they can be badly splintered pieces, where if they are really useful it is when they are used in large logs of short length, since the main purpose for these is to break them into pieces. chunks.
According to your diet.
- Electric Chippers: ideal for household uses, machines that allow splitting pieces of small firewood suitable for a fireplace and have the necessary strength to split low-hard wood, branches, logs, etc. They are so appreciated, especially for urban and domestic uses since they simply require a simple connection to an electrical power source. Easy use and maintenance and dimensions that facilitate its storage. Electric wood chippers models do not exceed 10 tons of normal pressure.
- Gasoline Chippers: Perfect to be used outdoors, in industry or in areas where there is not a constant supply of electricity, since to work they only need a tank with gasoline. More powerful, more complex maintenance.
- Chippers Connectable to tractor: like the others. but its hydraulic pump is activated by the force exerted by the tractor on the Chipper, that is to say, they work with the connection of two hydraulic pipes to the tractor pump. They are more affordable than the others, but require a tractor.
According to the position and shape of the trunk
- Chippers are also divided into their own disposition, it can be vertical or horizontal, depending on the position in which the trunk is placed in the machine. Horizontal wood chippers usually have more power than vertical ones.
What tips, maintenance or practices should you consider to use a chipper?
We recommend wearing the appropriate clothing, such as suitable footwear, gloves and, above all, protective glasses, in case the chipper makes a splinter jump at high speed. In addition, we recommend carrying out occasional maintenance on the chipper, always turning off the machine first, cleaning the machine daily after use, greasing the sliding guides, checking the hydraulic oil, lubricating all moving parts, etc.
What brand of chipper should I buy?
We have first brands of wood chippers. With a wide range of powers that range from five tons of pressure to the most powerful ones that can exert a pressure of up to forty tons of power. Thanks to this large catalog that we have, we offer a wide range of options to choose from, from multiple brands such as: Anova, Benza, Garland, Dormak, Roteco...
From Intermaquinas, we work hard to put at your disposal only brands that stand out for their values of quality, durability, efficiency, long-term guarantees and outstanding after-sales services with which we can deduce that all brands that distribute Intermaquinas they are completely serious and professional.